I’ve been making a fabulous Tomato Soup for a couple of years now when I decided to have a try of a few different things and was surprised when this tasty little number turned out…
A soup to rival Heinz Condensed Tomato Soup !
30 g butter
6-8 Spring Onions
1 clove garlic
2 x 400g Cans of Chopped Tomatoes
600 g water
2 tblspns Vege Stock Paste (from edc)
2 Teaspoons of Vino Cotto by Maggie Beer
freshly ground pepper
80g of potato, peeled and diced into very tiny pieces.
1. Heat butter 1 minute/100°C/Speed 2.
2. Add spring onions and garlic. Chop a few seconds at Speed 5 then cook 3 minutes/100°C/Speed 1.
3. Add tomatoes, stock, water, vino cotto, pepper, and diced potato.
4. Cook 10 minutes/100°C/Speed 1.
5. Check potato is fully cooked. If not, cook longer until it is.
6. Blend 60 seconds going from Speed 1 to Speed 6.
* For an alternative Condensed Tomato soup not using Vino Cotto you can try this version